Friday, July 15, 2011

SIXTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME


At the conclusion of Jesus’ rapid-fire parables about the kingdom of heaven, he says, “Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.” As I read these words in the gospel, there sitting on my desk in the KidsRelilg office was a card Lily Schoonmaker (3rd Grade KidsRelig) gave me last week after Mass. On one side of the card was a star with the word “Shine.” On the other, was this prayer:

Jesus,

Like a shining star

Shining like a light to the path of heaven,

Shine like a star.

You are the star of my heart.

It looks like Lily knew what was coming up in this week’s gospel. And I’m so glad she shared it with me, and I could share it with you. Thanks, Lily.

LAST YEAR’S 4TH GRADE

ROARING BROOK:

WHICH MIDDLE SCHOOL THIS YEAR?

Parents of last year’s Roaring Brook 4th Graders, please email me which Middle School your 5th Grader will attend this year. Email at:

kidsrelig@optimum.net

REGISTRATION FOR NEXT YEAR

The new on-line registration form is going through some final testing with our technical advisers. It’s coming very soon and will include a new payment option. You will be able to pay through a secure credit card program.

NEW TO KIDSRELIG???

If registering a First Grader for 2011-12 or older kids for the first time, please, send me an email as a heads-up. This is NOT registration. It’s only a way to alert us to newcomers so that we can pay them the special attention they deserve. It will also get you in our Email Address Book and put you on our Notification List for KidsRelig Blasts. Email at:

kidsrelig@optimum.net

Love,

Deacon Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment